How do you find an appropriate career? And once you do, how do you succeed? Here are a few tips to consider.
Five Things to Consider When Choosing A Career:
- Let your passions help guide your career choices.
- Identify the things you do well.
- Determine what motivates you (i.e.: public service; financial security; fame; intellectual stimulation).
- Develop a reasonably achievable plan to find and pursue careers that would align your passions with your aptitudes.
- Take risks and don't be deterred by rejection or failure. Success is around the corner.
Five Tips to Help You Succeed At Work:
- Learn your craft by working hard, observing others, participating in relevant workshops, and reading work-related materials.
- Listen well, ask questions, don't gossip, and take ownership of your work.
- Find a mentor to help guide you through your career.
- Treat everyone in your office with the utmost respect, while exuding a sense of gratitude, not entitlement.
- Ask for feedback and respond appreciatively to constructive criticism.
Randi S. Lewis
Founder, Resume Boutique LLC
© Resume Boutique LLC 2007. All rights reserved.