Below is a link to the the second of four posts I wrote as a guest blogger on BlueprintJD, a new website focused on building diversity in the law.
This post gives 10 cover letter tips, the last nine of which are universally applicable to all job applicants.
Tip Number 8 lists these Cover Letter Don'ts:
- Don’t repeat your work history from your resume.
- Don’t lie or embellish your credentials.
- Don’t present yourself negatively.
- Don’t write about how the employer can help you – talk about how you can add value.
- Don’t be too informal or include personal information.